Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wedding Date and Venues

It was only this month of March 2010 when Allen and I finalized our wedding date.  Of course,  we really wanted the 10.10.10 we started scouting for a venue October of 2009 but I guess we were too late then because we cannot find for available ceremony venue that we prefer.  Most of our relatives suggested to have it on December since it will be a good month for reunion as well, so Allen and I decided to have our wedding date the same wedding date of my parents - December 18.  And since December is the month wherein most couples in the Philippines are getting married; again, we can't find a venue that we prefer.  Our Lady of Lourdes in tagaytay and Taal Vista Hotel is already booked on that date. 

Allen and I crossed out Taal Vista and Our Lady of Lourdes venues.  We became interested at Madre De Dios Chapel and Tagaytay Highlands for our venues.  Again, December 18 is already booked  and Tagaytay Highlands offer Jan 2, 2011. So Allen and I discussed of that date, and we came up with the idea of why not make it Jan 2, since it's new year then and it will be a new ... new year for both of us ... a new good beginning as real husband and wife...  Our parents both agreed on that date as well :)

As a very hands on groom Allen pencil book Madre De Dios and Highlands and had his ocular 1st weekend of March 2010.  Ate Maris (my sister) with my niece Ken and his ate Fe joined Allen at Highlands and I am so much thankful for having a very supportive family specially my sis.

Allen likes the place so much but according to him and to my sister it was too far and it will be very inconvenient for our guests to attend specially those guests who will come from far places.  Again crossed out the venue, then Allen told me why not inquire again at Taal Vista since we already change our wedding date.  Luckily, Taal Vista is available on Jan 2, 2011 at the ballroom hall that Allen and I wanted (ballroom 1 new wing).  We made a booking right away then scout for church since Our Lady of Lourdes is not available on Jan 2, 2011 --  San Antonio De Padua became our 2nd option for our ceremony venue.  Allen had his ocular last March 14, 2010 at San Antonio De Padua and made his booking, he told me that San Antonio De Padua now became his 1st choice because of its very peaceful and solemn location.

Finally, venues are now set..... can't wait to prepare the other details of our wedding :) 

Ceremony venue pictures taken by Allen during his ocular :)

 San Antonio De Padua Quasi Church - front view


 San Antonio De Padua Quasi Church - inside view 


  San Antonio De Padua Quasi Church - outside view (with our car Lois')


Ate Maris and Kenichi having fun at Tagaytay Highlands

1 comment:

  1. This is such a heartwarming post! Planned a beautiful post wedding shower for my friend to make her feel special after her big day went very good. Came to know about event venues booked for the dinner from my neighbor. Prices for caterers and bakers paid were in my budget. Liked the floral interior and carved exterior.

    ReplyDelete